At The Auto Connection, we’re with you every step of the way. That’s why as part of our Best Friend Guarantee, we include a free AutoCheck Report on all used vehicles. So what information comes in an AutoCheck Report? Great question!
AutoCheck, owned by Experian, is known for providing a vehicle “score” that shows how the vehicle compares to other similar cars built that year. The score is meant to be a quick way to identify a car’s history, from high mileage to accident reports. A car’s score is based on the following factors:
- Age: Typically, the older the car, the lower the score.
- Vehicle class: A compact car is very different from a pickup truck and so are their scores, based on safety and breakdown history.
- Mileage: In general, the higher the mileage, the lower the score.
- Number of owners: Typically, the more owners a vehicle has, the lower the score.
- Vehicle use and events: Things like taxi use, accidents, repossession and theft history also affect the AutoCheck score.
AutoCheck Reports also provides information about:
- The vehicle’s title, registration and usage history
- The results of a comprehensive search for salvage or junk vehicles
- Storm damage reports including hail, flood or fire damage
- Mileage discrepancies, odometer rollback history, and gray market vehicles. Gray market vehicles are cars that are manufactured outside of the United States and are not originally built to meet U.S. safety and emissions standards.
- Exclusive access to auction data from the two largest United States auctions, giving prospective buyers a more in-depth look at a vehicle’s history
AutoCheck also looks for lemon vehicles and identities cars that were designated as rentals, taxis or fleet usage. The report also lets prospective buyers know if a car was abandoned or forfeited and includes information on records of theft, loan/liens that represent ownership interests, or unpaid charges.
Are you in the market for a reliable used vehicle? As a premier buy here, pay here dealership in Hampton Roads, The Auto Connection helps people in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Richmond, Eastern Shore, Smithfield, Chesapeake and Newport News, VA get the financing they need to drive away in a quality used car, truck, SUV or van. Find out how easy it is to get a quality pre-owned vehicle of your own with buy here, pay here financing from The Auto Connection.
Get the approval process started from home with our easy online application.