At The Auto Connection, we’re committed to selling high quality preowned and used cars to our customers in Virginia and North Carolina.
Our customers know that every used car at The Auto Connection – whether it’s a used truck, used minivan, used sedan or used SUV – goes through a rigorous 101-point inspection, conducted by one of our highly-trained vehicle technicians.
Should anything be detected during our 101-point inspection, our technicians use the highest quality parts to address any problems. If a used car doesn’t meet our high standards, we don’t sell it.
Once the checklist is compete, our technician managers double-check the inspection list to make sure any needed repairs were completed.
The Auto Connection Quality Assurance Checklist
The Auto Connection Checklist includes:
- Walk Around Inspection – From the used car’s paint job to the condition of wiper blades and spare tire, our technicians also inspect the windshield, gas cap, locks and remotes, door handles, jack and tools.
- Under Hood Inspection – We check all the fluids for their condition and current level. Fluids include: oil, coolant, transmission, brake and power-steering.
- Road Test – From how the engine sounds cold to whether it idles well, our technicians also inspect gauges, warning lights, brake pedal, acceleration, transmission shift, vibration braking, tire vibration, alignment, cruise control, drivetrain noise, engine temperature, and how the engine sounds when it’s hot.
- Interior Inspection – This goes beyond just checking to see how the interior looks. We also check power windows, door locks, mirrors, the glove box and sun visor, sunroof, lighting, stereo, CD player, speakers, defroster, a/c and heater, headlights, brake lights, cup holders and seatbelts.
- In Bay Inspection – Our technicians inspect the air filter, washer fluid, drive belt, cooling fans, fluid leaks, radiator cap, hoses, and more.
- Battery & Charging System – We make sure the battery works and the cable ends are clean and tight.
- Suspension & Steering – We look for any problems with the tie rod ends, ball joints, shocks, struts, steering linkage, rack and pinion, end links and wheel/hub bearings.
- Brakes/Wheels/Tires – All of these are scrutinized and tested to ensure they pass state inspection standards. We look for excessive wear and tear and uneven wearing.
- Under Vehicle Inspection – We check for excessive rust in addition to inspecting the engine/transmission mounts, body mounts, frame, transmission lines, fuel and brake lines, fluid leaks, floor pans, manifolds, pipe/hangers, muffler and catalytic converter.
Come check out our inventory of used cars at any of our five Auto Connection locations. We proudly stand behind every used car we sell. The Auto Connection offers financing options for most credit situations. We are the premier buy-here, pay-here used car dealer in Virginia and North Carolina.
+ Want to learn more about used car sales in Virginia and North Carolina? Our highly-trained staff at The Auto Connection help many customers with bad credit. In North Carolina, we are located in Wilson. Our Virginia locations include: Danville, Newport News, Norfolk and Richmond. Come see our vast selection of great used cars.