A new year is full of promise and the perfect time for a fresh start and new projects. We all have ideas about what we want to work on in our lives during the upcoming year, but one thing we often overlook is our car. Here are 4 resolutions to make this year all about improving your used car.
1. Learn to do basic maintenance yourself. Learning to do basic maintenance yourself will not only make you feel proud and accomplished but it will also save you some time and money. While there are some maintenance things that should be done by a trained mechanic, there are a few simple tasks you can do by yourself to keep your car maintained this year. Some of these include learning to check your fluids, checking your tire pressure, and replacing your windshield wipers.
2. Get routine maintenance done on time. If you were lax about car maintenance last year, make it a priority to stay up to date on your used car’s scheduled maintenance. The most important things to keep up with this year include oil changes, brake pads, air filters, and tires.
3. Stop distracted driving. Distracted driving is a huge problem nowadays. Make it a goal this year to stop engaging in the following activities while driving:
- Reaching for faraway objects
- Changing the music
- Using an app or checking your GPS
- Taking a photo
- Eating and drinking
- Putting on makeup
4. Keep your car clean. A clean car is a safe car — and a happy car. Make a resolution this year to keep your car tidy. Remove everything you don’t need in your car and organize any loose papers in your glove compartment. Throw out old receipts, coupons, and pieces of trash. Finally, give your car a really good clean, including vacuuming the seats and floor, cleaning your windows, and taking it through a car wash. Lastly, find a way to prevent the mess from piling up again. Keep a small trash bag in your car to make for easy clean ups as the year goes on.
Are you in the market for a reliable used vehicle? As a premier buy here, pay here dealership in Hampton Roads, The Auto Connection helps people in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Richmond, Eastern Shore, Smithfield, Chesapeake and Newport News, VA get the financing they need to drive away in a quality used car, truck, SUV or van. Find out how easy it is to get a quality pre-owned vehicle of your own with buy here, pay here financing from The Auto Connection.
Get the approval process started from home with our easy online application.