Ah, good ol’ summer. Longer days, vacations, cold drinks, cookouts. We all love summer — but let’s not forget the scorching sun and the toll it can take on our cars. Hot steering wheels, sticky seats, and impossibly high temperatures. Not fun! Read on for some tips to keep your parked quality used car cool this summer.
1. Cover your steering wheel with a hand towel. Keeping it covered will keep the contact temperature of your steering wheel down, making it much easier to drive the next time you get in your car.
2. Use a sunshade or window visor. This is a tried-and-true method of keeping your car cool. Anytime you plan to leave your car for more than a few minutes, it’s a good idea to put up a sunshade or window visor. Bonus tip: You can keep your car even cooler if you put one up in your rear window, too.
3. Keep your seats covered. If your car has vinyl or leather seats, you know just how hot they can get in the summer. Ouch. To keep your seats cool, throw blankets or towels over them. Mind you, the air in the car will still get hot, but you’ll at least be able to sit down without scorching your skin.
4. Park in a shady area or a garage, if possible. Whenever possible, park in a shady area or in a garage. Anytime you can keep your car out of direct sunlight, the better. Even a hot parking garage beats being parked in the sun all day.
5. Keep your windows slightly cracked. While it’s not a good idea to leave your windows all the way open, it can be helpful to leave them slightly cracked to free up all that trapped heat and promote ventilation.
Are you in the market for a reliable used vehicle? As a premier buy here, pay here dealership in Hampton Roads, The Auto Connection helps people in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Richmond, Eastern Shore, Smithfield, Chesapeake and Newport News, VA get the financing they need to drive away in a quality used car, truck, SUV or van. Find out how easy it is to get a quality pre-owned vehicle of your own with buy here, pay here financing from The Auto Connection.
Get the approval process started from home with our easy online application.